- Back a driver to win great prizes
- Who are you backing?
Andy Vs. Joey – Watch the DTM and ALMS drivers get competitive off the track. View the video below!
Throughout the BMW Motorsport season, Joey and Andy will go head-to-head in a series of challenges exclusively for Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts. Back the driver you think will win - and you could be a winner too! Think you know who can pick up the most jellybeans using chopsticks? Or who's going to win a game of table tennis? It's time to tell us.
Simply enter your details and your chosen driver for the chance to get your hands on some great prizes - including fantastic track day experiences, and official BMW Motorsport merchandise. You can also see how they have performed in previous challenges, as they make their way across the globe on their journey for success. It is one more way that you can play to win, with Crowne Plaza!
Win a weekend break with Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts!
Crowne Plaza® Orlando - Universal Andy and Joey are more than used to providing thrilling entertainment on the motorsport circuit but now they're about to enter an 'arena' that takes entertainment to a whole new level - Orlando, Florida: the home of Disney World®.
Perfectly placed for major attractions
Their stay here is at the award-winning Crowne Plaza® Orlando-Universal hotel which is located within easy reach of Universal Studios, Disney World® and world famous stores like Bloomingdale's. It's perfectly placed for every bit of fun and adventure you could possibly wish for. Just board the i-Ride Trolley and you're well on your way to many more top attractions including Sea World, Aquatica and City Walk.
The Hotel's great for business too. Known as “The place to meet”, the hotel boasts almost 7,000 square feet of space, a business centre and several large conference rooms. It's also conveniently situated to places like the Orange County Convention Centre and the University of Florida.
Let the competition begin
Andy and Joey decide to feast up in one of the Hotel's eateries, 'Elements Bar & Grille' before taking to the Hotel's spa and outdoor pool facilities to unwind. Unwind? Yeah right, who are they kidding? Their competitive spirits soon burst into action when they realise their choice of where to visit first are at polar opposites.
Andy's clearly not keen on visiting the resort's most famous attraction: “I'm not going to Disney Land, no way. It's for kids.”
“Where's your fun gone Andy? You're clearly getting a bit boring in your old age.”
“I want to go to Hollywood Studios – that's where all the real action is.” Claims Joey.
“What? What on earth are you going on about?” A short trip to a nearby sports hall tells Andy all he needs to know.
Who will get their way?
Joey throws down a challenge, “Let's settle it by Whirlyball.”
Who do you think will score the most balls?
Has Joey played this before? And if so, does he have the advantage? Or will Andy take to Whirlyball like a natural? Simply choose who you think will win by selecting your preference below to stand a chance of winning this month's fantastic prize.
Will you be our lucky winner?
Check back here in a few weeks to discover who won and if you've backed the winner then your name will go into our prize draw.
Did you know?
You can also find tons of other great prizes waiting for you right here throughout 2013. And if you're looking for even more prizes to win, why not join our Facebook Group at: Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts.
Thank you for entering the competition
- Batak Wall Challenge
- Crowne Plaza® Verona – Fiera
- The drivers arrive at Crowne Plaza Verona - Fiera and are impressed by the hotel’s superior 4-star surroundings. Only 5 minutes from the city centre (regular, free shuttle-bus), the hotel offers a mouth-watering menu. The hotel’s hydro-massage pool, sauna and Turkish bath all help you unwind. As with most of Italy, Verona is synonymous with romance - for Andy and Joey romance is off the menu. With so much on offer, it’s left our drivers wondering which attraction to visit first. Whilst debating, they discover the Batak Wall. A quick glance at each other and it’s immediately obvious. The winner? Andy Priaulx!
- Tyre Change Challenge
- Crowne Plaza® St. Petersburg – Ligovsky
- Our drivers have landed in Russia - their residence in Crowne Plaza® St. Petersburg - Ligovsky boasts a classic beauty, along with Olivetto, a restaurant specialising in Mediterranean Cuisine. Many of the city's major attractions and transport links are within easy reach of the hotel. In fact there’s so much to do, it’s left Andy and Joey in a quandary as to which place to visit first. They finally decide to settle it by partaking in a tyre changing exercise. Andy wants to visit Kazan Cathedral. Joey wants to visit St Petersburg’s largest museum – The Hermitage. Who do you think can change a tyre the quickest? The winner? Joey Hand!
- Baseball Challenge
- Crowne Plaza® Philadelphia - Valley Forge
- Our motorsport kings arrive in the King of Prussia area, Philadelphia. Crowne Plaza® Philadelphia - Valley Forge is close to business facilities and outdoor adventures. They’re instantly encouraged to try the local historical attractions.“National Park?” says Andy. “Touristy spots?” replies Joey. They both look at the man on reception for support. “Why don’t you decide by having a round of strikes at the local baseball arena? The one with the most strikes gets to choose.” Who will knock who ‘out of the park’? Andy and Joey are about to be pitched several balls but who will end up connecting with the most? The Winner? Joey Hand!
- The Rolling Tyre Challege
- Crowne Plaza® – Times Square Manhattan
- Andy and Joey have arrived in the city that never sleeps – a perfect setting for two guys who are always on the go. Based in Times Square, the elegant Crowne Plaza® - Times Square Manhattan is a 4-star hotel which has recently undergone an $85 million dollar refurbishment. As you’d expect, New York offers so much to do and see! Andy is desperate to visit the Empire State Building, whilst Joey has his sights set on MoMA. Another challenge is needed to help the pair decide what to do first. To settle their debate they decide to partake in a tyre rolling challenge. The winner? Joey Hand!
- The Tennis Challenge
- Crowne Plaza® London - St. James
- Andy and Joey are welcomed at the elegant Crowne Plaza® hotel in St James, London. Just a short walk from Buckingham Palace, the hotel boasts three supreme restaurants. The hotel is also perfectly placed for attractions like; The London Eye and The Houses of Parliament. Both these attractions are high on Andy and Joey’s lists of places to visit – but which one should they visit first? With Wimbledon just around the corner, they do manage to agree on a tennis related theme. Our drivers line up several tennis ball containers and see how many they can both knock down by serving. The winner? Andy Priaulx!
- The Motor Cards Challenge
- Crowne Plaza® Dubai - Festival City
- Crowne Plaza® Dubai - Festival City "City of Gold" is the next stop-off point for our drivers. Andy and Joey are collected from the airport in the hotel’s very own Limousine. On arrival, they marvel at the marble floors, the sleek executive boardrooms and the elegant ballroom. Positioned at the heart of Dubai, the City’s attractions are all within easy reach. Where will they visit first? Andy wants to visit the Dubai Autodrome, but Joey wants to visit the Burj Khlaifa. Looks like another decider is needed. Andy and Joey take up the task of a Motor Cards Challenge, to see who gets their own way. The winner? Joey Hand!
- The Golf Buggy Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Colchester – Five Lakes
- After a season on the track, Andy and Joey are now working as brand ambassadors for BMW Motorsport and Crowne Plaza. At the Crowne Plaza Colchester – Five Lakes they are guest speakers for the afternoon. Set in 320 acres, the hotel offers fine sporting facilities; two golf courses, tennis courts, driving ranges and a UEFA-certified football pitch. Andy and Joey think that a round of golf would be perfect. However, both golf courses look so wonderful, they cannot decide which one to play! Only a challenge will settle this. It’s time for a race... on the golf buggies! The winner? They drew!
- The Pancake Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Vilamoura - Algarve
- Andy and Joey have a few days off, and where better for them to stay than the Crowne Plaza Vilamoura, Portugal? With its beachfront location and huge spa and fitness centre, it is the perfect place to relax. Andy and Joey are spoilt for choice. Andy wants a run along the beach – while Joey would prefer eighteen holes on Vilamoura's world-class golf course. They can't agree, so it is time for a challenge! As it is Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day), they head to the kitchens - It is pancake making time! Whoever can flip their pancake the most times in a minute – wins! The winner? Andy Priaulx.
- The Chocolate Tower Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Zurich
- After a meeting with the BMW Motorsport team, Andy and Joey drive across the border to Zurich. Later at the Crowne Plaza Zurich, they relax in their super-stylish rooms. Remembering they are in a country famed for its chocolate, Andy and Joey decide to visit a top Swiss confectionery company. But which one? Joey's keen to see Lindt's Chocolate Factory outlet, Andy would rather take a trip to Toblerone. Whoever can build the tallest Toblerone tower, will earn the right to choose. The winner? Joey Hand!
- The Archery Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Nottingham
- After a successful conclusion to the 2012 race season for BMW, Andy and Joey find themselves with their families in Nottingham. Staying at the Crowne Plaza Nottingham, for once they have both agreed to go to the nearby Theatre Royal in the evening. However, they can't decide on what to see - Joey wants to go to the pantomime, whilst Andy wants to go to Magic of Christmas concert. The Challenge? Since Andy and Joey are in Nottingham, they decide to challenge each other Robin Hood style with a bow and arrow. The winner? Joey Hand!
- The Scaletrix Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Heidelberg
- Andy and Joey are in Heidelberg for the last race of the season at Hockenheim. After a gruelling practice session, they are unwinding at the Crowne Plaza Heidelberg in the heart of the city. First, they will enjoy an invigorating swim in the pool, then a relaxing massage at the tranquil Wellness Spa before joining the rest of the team for dinner. The challenge? Since this is a race weekend, they want a motorsport theme – but the closest thing they can find is a Scaletrix set! The goal is set: the driver who completes the most laps in 30 seconds will win their massage. The winner? Andy Priaulx!
- The Table Tennis Challenge
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
- Andy and Joey are in Beijing, staying at the contemporary Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing. It boasts two great restaurants: Taking some time out from their promotional schedule they are swimming in the indoor rooftop pool with majestic views across Beijing. In the distance they can see the Forbidden City, Beijing's Imperial network of wooden temples and palaces and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The challenge? Finding a nearby table tennis table, the person with the most points in a five minutes game wins. The winner? Andy Priaulx!
- The Jellybean Challenge
- Crowne Plaza London – The City
- Andy and Joey were in central London, staying at the contemporary Crowne Plaza London – The City hotel, next to Blackfriars and the Victoria Embankment. It boasts two great restaurants: Refettorio, the award-winning Italian restaurant directed by Michelin-starred Chef Giorgio Locatelli, and The Chinese Cricket Club, offering a mouth-watering range of Sichuan and Dim Sum specialities with a modern twist. The challenge? Who could pick the most jelly beans out of the bowl in a minute using chopsticks. The winner? Joey Hand!